Key areas of expertise: English (reading and writing)
English (reading and writing):
- Strong English subject knowledge for Early Years – end of KS2 (reading and writing).
- Recent Ofsted experience (January 2020). Successful deep dive conducted in Reading and phonics.
- NPQML focus on greater depth reading – project-based evidence and across KS2 team involved.
- Supporting class teachers in their role to promote a love of reading across the curriculum, ensuring engagement and attainment.
- Project based learning from research schools, North Solihull project based around promoting a love of reading and ensuring high quality teaching of reading.
- Creating cohesive overviews and expectations of coverage across all year groups for both reading and writing.
- Promoting a love of reading across the school through displays and reading areas, endorsing new ways to engage the whole school community through social media and other online learning platforms.
- Cross Key stage teaching experience – Nursery, reception, year one year two and year 6.
- Introducing new key elements of teaching based on reflections and summaries of previous key stage data. Staff meetings for all staff members and regular mentoring sessions for targeted teachers/ support staff.
- Working with teaching staff to reflect and evolve on current practice, monitoring of coverage and promoting positive transition to next academic year.