Key area of expertise: Mathematics
- Secure Maths subject knowledge for Early Years – Key Stage 2
- Implementation of C-P-A approach from Early Years to Key Stage 2.
- Change of structure to Year 1 Maths lessons. Embedded continuous provision into lessons to support all abilities.
- Ofsted experience – Maths deep dive.
- Planning and delivering engaging Maths lessons to ensure accurate pace and challenge throughout.
- Stretching and challenging children working above age related through effective activities and questioning.
- Effective questioning to check children’s prior learning, assessment for learning, encourage independent learning, promote reasoning and problems solving within the lesson in a variety of ways.
- Quality live marking to provide children with focused and accurate feedback.
- Producing long, medium and short term plans to ensure correct coverage of objectives are met.
- Supporting newly qualified teachers with their Maths knowledge.
- Supporting staff with incorporating C-P-A along with problem solving and reasoning into Maths lessons.
- Supporting staff with adapting their Maths lessons to suit the needs of the children e.g. SEND or greater depth.
- In school moderation – Early years to Key stage 2.
- Produced Year 1 standardisation folder to support staff with different objectives.
- Analyse data effectively and ensure all children are being challenged effectively.
- Regularly complete book scrutinises, drop in sessions and lesson observations to confirm accurate assessment judgements.
- Produced a journaling document for all four operations to support staff from EYFS to Key Stage 2 with ideas on encouraging children to include a range of pictorial representations in their work.
- NPQML – Linked to improving times tables across the school.