Key areas of Expertise: English, Moderation, Early Years to KS1 Transition
Jo is a Unity TSA Senior SLE
- Excellent English subject knowledge from Early Years through to KS2.
- Stretching and challenging the students working together at greater depth through effective questioning.
- Developing the use of Reading Strategies through the teaching and learning of Guided reading and shared reading.
- Developing effective teaching sequences, using high quality texts across Early Years to KS1.
- Creating engaging lesson plans for Reading and writing, through effective and engaging hooks into the lessons and maintaining pace and challenge throughout.
- Developing a writing curriculum incorporating the writing process and writing strategies effectively in a clear, progressive teaching sequence.
- Phonics and Reading workshops for parents
- POR trained – developing effective reading teaching sequences for English using high quality texts.
- KS1/2 moderations and understanding of Teacher Assessment Frameworks.
- Defining robust and rigorous moderation programmes.
- Supporting schools in the understanding of the TAF and sharing exemplar materials.
- Sharing evidence of moderation packs and compiling work that exemplifies a standard across the primary phase.
- Provide training around critical discussions when moderating.
Early Years to KS1 Transition
- To support and build a firm transition plan for a school setting, providing smooth transitions for children whilst supporting staff in this process.