Key area of expertise: Mathematics
- Excellent subject knowledge for Early Years and KS1 maths
- Good subject knowledge of KS2 maths
- Use of the Concrete Pictorial Abstract representations for teaching maths effectively
- Whole phase curriculum design and mapping
- Whole phase routes through calculation design and implementation
- Clear understanding of the mastery approach to teaching mathematics and how this can be implemented in schools
- Secure knowledge of the importance of rich, open ended questioning through anchor tasks and low ceiling, high threshold tasks.
- Stretching and challenging students working at greater depth through effective questioning.
- Embedding the new primary numeracy curriculum through looking at long and medium term plans and timelines. To look at how you could incorporate current resources into the new curriculum.
- Creating engaging lesson plans for mathematics, through effective and engaging hooks into the lessons and maintaining pace and challenge throughout.
- Numeracy workshops for parents/carers.
- Supporting numeracy leaders in their role.
- Use of ICT to support staff in delivering effective mathematics provision