Key areas of expertise: English; Curriculum; Teaching and Learning
- Excellent English subject knowledge for KS1 and KS2. .
- Modelled Writing, Guided Writing and Shared Writing.
- Raising results and attainment in SPAG.
- Stretching and challenging students working at greater depth as well as supporting the less able without putting limits on learning.
- Questioning – To help establish a climate for questioning in the classroom. To interest, engage and challenge pupils; to check on prior knowledge and understanding; to promote self-reflection through peer and self-assessment; to promote pupils’ thinking about the way they have learned; to use blooms taxonomy to support students in developing higher order questioning.
- Quality Feedback marking – To support developing effective systems to provide students with excellent, focused feedback and to create a dialogue approach between the teacher and student.
- Creating engaging lesson plans for writing, through effective and engaging hooks into the lessons and maintaining pace and challenge throughout.
- Supporting English leaders in their role.
- Supporting and developing middle leaders to successfully lead on their area of the curriculum.
- Support in designing a broad, balanced, and engaging and knowledge and skills - based curriculum within foundation subjects.
- Assessment within foundation subjects.
Teaching and Learning
- Coaching and Mentoring both NQTs as well as experienced teachers.
- Supporting leaders with book trawls, learning walks, observations and subsequent action planning and follow up support and monitoring.
- Performance Management and monitoring across the school.
- Action and support planning.